Things done & left to be done!
In the last post, I’ve given some reasons why I want to get into a b-school. As I said earlier, I’ve been thinking about going to b-school for long time so here I’m documenting what I’ve done till now and what is to be done to chase my dreams
- I took the GMAT but didn’t score as expected, so will be retaking GMAT.
- After GMAT, I spent some time reading novels, watching movies and keep my mind off from GMAT. I read books named ‘Your MBA Game Plan”, ‘MBAmission Complete Start to Finish Guide’, ‘Best Practices for MBA Admissions Guide’ by three different authors and developed a bit of mine game plan. I think I can now guide anyone!!!
- Started to volunteering again at social groups teaching poor students near coal mines.
- Attended few online MBA conferences from The Economist’s MBA Circle Will be attending more on March 29-30th 2011.
- Visited one of the famous b-school in India – FMS. I’ll be visiting more b-schools later in the year.
- Ordered all the MGMAT guides earlier I had only MGMAT SC book only.
- Registered for Veritas online classes.
- Read all the articles in the MGMAT- How to study list and I’m on my way to develop my long term game plan as I know 3month study plan is not going to work for me, so I’ll be taking at-least 5-6months.
- Slept, slept and slept few more hours but this test was always on my mind, even during sleep!!
- So finally I prepared the GMAT study plan and trying to stick to that plan.
Things left to be done
- I’ll start with health because health is more important than this test, get into the habit of waking up early (5am!) and go for jogging at least 4 days a week.
- Review books, which I’ve read this year and read more books.
- Stop watching so many documentaries and movies! I’ll limit to one documentary a week.
- Start watching on demand videos on GMAT/MBA.
- After a week from now, give a practice test.